Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?
Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?
Response: Overthinking is soo prominent in any social sense, especially when it comes to presenting projects or expressing yourself in a large group. I've felt a variety of times overwhelmed or demotivated while presenting a project and or speaking in public. The main issue is I don't learn too much for my experiences in these situations, I avoid the subject and try to finish the presentation quicker. In general I worry a lot and presenting and projects just make it worse, especially if the project being presented is a group project.
Summary: we read a poem and analyze the thought process and symbolism
Reflection: I think words have more than one or two meanings, they hold emotion and reflect what the person wants
Comments
Post a Comment