In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

 In “Missing Your People,” Tracy Brower explains the importance of belonging. Describe a time when you felt like you truly belonged. What created that feeling?

Response: A time I felt belonged in a group or just general social setting was when I first time I had gotten an invitation to a birthday party. The first time I was invited out in middle school to a non-family member's party with people my age, this guy I knew really didn't know me and we had only been friends for maybe 4 months. In all honesty the feeling was created after during a quiet moment in this party late at night we had played truth or dare and I had been asked about my thoughts on a person. At this time this person was the most negative and self centered person I had ever known, she was communally disliked and when I explained my grievances I was accepted and agreed with. 

Summary: We analyzed a commonlit article that argued and evaluated acceptance and what it meant to be accepted.

Reflection: I felt the article was short, it was wildly a performative piece and the info was fairly base level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is. Describe a time when overthinking, worrying, or doubting yourself affected the way you handled a situation. What did you learn from the experience?

Prompt: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

Describe one thing that makes you different from other people