In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?
In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?
A time where I ignored a warning from an adult figure in my life was the time I almost drowned in a river. I was vacationing with my extended family and we had decided to enjoy ourselves in a light shallow river advertised near a trail. We'd gone to a similar river closer to the opening of the trial but this one was much deeper. I was young and barely had found out how to swim, my mother warned me and my brother to stay together but I went off and wandered with the other kids. long story short; I fell on the deep end and cracked my toe nail. I learned to not underestimate nature and to know my limits.
Summary: We read the rock pile.
Reflection: I relate to the kids in the story, I was once rebellious and wanted to make my own decisions.
Comments
Post a Comment